Saturday 19 January 2013

new North Story pieces



I've been doing some ceramic decaling. Not really something I usually do, not having a ceramic studio and all, but Mitsy and I first made some of these special series pieces at her workshop when I visited in 2011, and the ones we made had sold quite well over Christmas, so it was time to make some more. 
It's such a fun process, more like making a collage than typical decaling work, and so each piece is completely unique.
These are a quick look at the ones I made, if you're interested in seeing more of the process, you can check out this blog post Mitsy made - which includes the making of the porcelain shapes too.

I'll have mine finished off and in my Etsy shop hopefully in a few weeks time, Mitsy still has a couple left in her shop.

 

9 comments:

  1. Indeed people think that everything is simply made and overpriced but only when one tries to make the same thing they realise how difficult and time consuming is!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see 'em in real! They look fabulous! I still need to do mine - it takes me forever because I can't decide what I want were! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls! yes they do take awhile, but I can't complain as the process is quite enjoyable. If only I had a machine to keep the water at the right temperature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Anna, I need a machine like that too! :)
    I keep running back and forth to the microwave...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try a baby food warmer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was reading Mitsy's blog and she mentions the difference between you two in the "collages" each makes... and indeed... they are quite different and so interesting both!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how about a tea post warmer... you know those things where you put a little candle underneath? keeps a teapot warm... do not know the word in english...

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice suggestions! Mitsy can try the baby food warmer, since you have a baby and all ; ) I have a little tea light holder I can try. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,yours drawings are so great, I have question where can I buy your decals, I can't find them on your etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete